Last Revised: February 2014
For individuals located outside the US, by submitting your Application Information you are agreeing to the transfer of that information outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") to countries where privacy standards may differ. Kaplan adheres to the US Safe Harbor privacy principles with respect to Human Resource Information collected by entities located in the EEA and transferred to Kaplan in the United States. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework or our registration, see the U.S. Department of Commerce website at http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
• Name, address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information;
• Resume or CV, cover letter, previous work experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide for our consideration;
• Type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
• How you heard about the position;
• Sensitive information (race/ethnic origin) if you choose to submit it as part of the applications process, and
• Names and contact information for referrals
How will Application Information be used?
The Application Information you submit is used for the following purposes:
• To assess your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
• To verify your information and conduct reference checks;
• To conduct background checks if you are offered a job;
• To communicate with you and inform you of career opportunities;
• To create and submit reports as required by law or regulation;
• To improve our recruitment process; and
• Legal defense as necessary
If you accept employment with Kaplan, the information collected will become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes.
You can choose what types of Application Information, if any, to submit. Submitting your Application Information is voluntary. However, if you choose not to submit your Application Information, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. We will ask for your consent before we obtain additional information from third party agencies, and will, where required by law, notify you of the information received from those third parties.
Who may access your data?
Kaplan employees, affiliated companies or entities acting on behalf of Kaplan process Application Information for the purposes listed above. Kaplan takes appropriate technical, organizational, and legal steps to protect Application Information. Affiliate companies or entities acting on behalf of Kaplan with whom we share your Application Information will be bound by terms of confidentiality and this Policy.
Does Kaplan keep your data?
Application Information is retained in accordance with local law. We may also retain Application Information to consider you for other jobs for which you may be qualified.
If you have questions regarding this Policy please email email@example.com.
Submission of Application information does not establish any obligation not listed in this Policy.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill you specific request. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- For the purpose for which you specifically provided the personal data, for example to respond to a specific inquiry.
- To notify you about our products and services and special offers.
- To enhance existing features or develop new features products and services.
- To allow you access to the Site to post your own content or communicate with others.
We may combine the information that we collect from you on the Site with information that we collect from third parties.